Tools you will need:
2. DDS Utilities (You don't need an Nvidia card to use them)
- Download the DDS Utilities from the link above.
- Click on the installation and follow the instructions.
- (1) You need an organisation name - It can be anything, it doesn't matter.
After you put in an organisation name, tick the box that says "No Thanks" when it talks about subscribing or not - that way you don't have to put in an email address. It will then go away and register the product.
- (2) Take note of the directory - for my machine it is
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\DDS Utilities
You will need to know where you put it, because you will need to tell SimPE where it is.
2. Click on the top of the list "System Folders". At the bottom of the system folders is the "NVidia DDS Tool Folder:
3. Click on Browse and go to the folder that you took note of when you were installing the program. Select the NVDXT.exe in that folder (it will be the only thing that shows up in the browse)
4. Click OK, and exit from SimPE. It will now allow you to use DXT file processes.